peacemom_36bn: there's a "person" who is an admin in TRrainor's room who calls herself a visionary LOL KC_011: gee i wonder who that might be peacemom_36bn: and she actually has a following
hello to fellow readers of the dumpster. I would just like to say that last month osmo reported that I had a blue rinse. this is not true ...its pink. I would also like to remind my dear friend that he was going to ring me the next day !!!it was bloody 2 ( TWO) days before he did and I was driving so didnt answer in time.. Your need to get smacked with gentles spoons.
Hi anyone :) I thought I'd share my thoughts regarding some movies I have seen over the last 6 months or so, they are in no particular order or preference. This is in no way an attempt to compete with any reviews already in E-abundance, it is merely a limited summary and rough osmodian rating of some flix. At best, it may save you some time when next you grab a movie etc.
TV: Banshee I thought I'd add this simply because IMO it is that good! My wife and I watched all ten episodes and look forward to watching season 2 which is scheduled for Jan 2014. I loved Breaking Bad and was going thru withdrawal in light of its recent demise. I had no idea what was going to take its place as my #1 TV serial, now I find myself strung out waiting for January. Don't get me wrong, though it shares many similarities with Breaking bad, for example its flagrant criminal content, that's where the similarities end (for the main part anyway). There is a great, perhaps too great amount of sexual content in every episode, but it must be said that some of these scenes maybe necessary in order to place the viewer in the right frame of mind for something later on. There are often times when the sexual tension in one scene maybe dependent or at least partially so, on the blatant sexual activity in an earlier scene. This ain't me trying to justify some explicit sex throughout the season, moreover an attempt to explain my understanding of the reasoning (apart from the obvious). Simply put, one reason could be that as a viewer, you can never really know what or which way a scene could develop because you are aware of the boundaries or lack thereof that are in play.
Rant 1 over with
Man of steel [2013] Very well done Hollywood BS, I enjoyed it and gave it 3.5 out of 5 Dumpstarz. The Loan Ranger [2013] As above but with more humor and better acting. I gave it 4.0/5 Dumpstarz. Broken Trail [2006] A very well acted western type adventure with Robert Duvall brilliant as always. I gave it 4.0/5 Dumpstarz Curse of Chucky [2013] What you’d expect but with less humor than the other Chucky classics. I gave it a respectable 2.0/5 Dumpstarz. Fast and Furious 6 [2013] Easily as good as the other Fast and Furious movies, I gave it a 3.5/5 Dumpstarz. I Spit on Your Grave [2010] Not for the faint hearted. I gave it a 2.5/5 Dumpstarz because I feel the acting is actually better than the rest of the movie. Kramer vs Kramer [1979] I fell asleep thru this, although there was some outstanding acting in places. I gave it 2.5/5 Dumpstarz. Mulholland Drive [2001] A good strong neo Film-noir type movie that was IMO underrated. I gave it 3.5/5 Dumpstarz. Pacific Rim [2013] Typical of the CGI encrusted reels we are used to seeing these days, a little lean on good acting with the exception of Idris Elba as he’s good in anything, even if he has to dumb down as was the case here. I gave it 3.0/5 Dumpstarz. Run [2013] A movie that attempts to glorify Parkour whilst adhering to a well-worn and kinda smelly plot. Seen it all before in countless movies, most of which are better than this bit of drivel. I gave it 1.0/5 for effort. TBO the Parkour displayed during the end credits far outshines the anything performed in the movie. 14 year olds would likely enjoy it. Runaway Train [1985] Good strong performance from the 2 main chars Voight and Roberts, interesting to note that Danny Trejo trained Michael Roberts for the fight scenes and was then asked to act as his opponent in the prison boxing match, that’s how he got started in the movie biz. I gave it 4.0/5 Dumpstarz She's Out of My League [2010] Enjoyable, kinda predictable but what the hell, it was well worth the watch. I gave it 3.0/5 Dumpstarz
The Way Way Back [2013] Good acting carries this rather average story and carries it well. I gave it 3.5/5 Dumpstarz. To Live and Die in L.A [1985] 80’s classic. Good acting, good twists. I gave it 3.5/5 Dumpstarz. White House Down [2013] A nice surprise, I do appreciate average acting with a goodly amount of “Die Hardish” action. I gave it 3.5/5 Dumpstarz. World War Z [2013] Again a nice surprise, although the acting was good enough, it was the action and pace of the movie that had me enjoying it. I gave it 4.0/5 Dumpstarz. Zulu [1964] one word… “Brilliant” I gave it 4.5/5 Dumpstarz. Note, this sort of movie may not be for everyone, but IMO… anyone who doesn’t like it is probably not worth knowing :) The Hangover Part III [2013] As good as the other two, if you like this kind of humor, after you watch the movie you really do need to wait for the end credits to complete and then watch the actual final scene. I gave it a 3.5/5 Dumpstarz. Seriously though.... this was hilarious!
if you liked zulu, you might like zulu dawn, shot in the late 70s. it has some good actors like peter o'toole and burt lancaster, and some good battle scenes. the earlier movie had a lot more going on, though, and zulu dawn's biggest disappointment for me was certain infuriating brits not getting speared. :-P
I have a lot of catchup to do, there's only two movies from your list that I've seen, but I really want to see the Hangover movies.
*Inside I'm Dancing* (2004) is a good one, about two Irish guys who meet in a care home. Michael has cerebral palsy, and has been in care all his life. Rory is a witty wise cracking guy who has muscular dystrophy but refuses to let it sap his spirit.
educatedlady0202: the truth is not gossip shake......and no doubt this priest was afraid of the truth
unshakeable christian: elady excatly but even him saying that was totally unchristian
educatedlady0202: priests are still men and nothing more than that shake no matter how long they have been a priest
unshakeable christian: right elady
unshakeable christian: it was so sad going back to the church and hearing this
educatedlady0202: now you know why you left the catholic church shake.....same reasons i did
unshakeable christian: yea elady
YOU'D THINK THESE TWO WOULD, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, GIVE IT A REST ALREADY, THEY DON'T LIKE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, BUT THEY CAN'T STOP OBSESSING ABOUT IT
My alpha doggy tries to plook his tubby cousin, I can't tell that he's gay by studying his paws... damn it all! They've both been neutered too, but the little fella has mental issues. He is willing to share (or even stand back and wait) all the food they get... with the exception of bones, dem bones is mighty high on the little fellas priority list. He will growl like some kind of evil dog 6 times his size, a dog with distemper. The big fella knows better than to get in the way, so funny to watch.
M O V I E S Thanks for the movie comments, I hope I can get to watch them. I have recently watched quite a few and will string some words together, I like the idea of someone, anyone deciding to watch or not watch a movie based in part on something I scribbled down. Doing this makes me feel useful when more often than not it is the exact opposite that is the order of my day.
C H A T Damn shame CBO failed to grow, it kinda makes one wonder if people ever really wanted a Yahoo replacement or simply wanted a more controlled environment but were reluctant to dive in.
14 Comments:
peacemom_36bn: there's a "person" who is an admin in TRrainor's room who calls herself a visionary LOL
KC_011: gee i wonder who that might be
peacemom_36bn: and she actually has a following
hello to fellow readers of the dumpster. I would just like to say that last month osmo reported that I had a blue rinse. this is not true ...its pink. I would also like to remind my dear friend that he was going to ring me the next day !!!it was bloody 2 ( TWO) days before he did and I was driving so didnt answer in time.. Your need to get smacked with gentles spoons.
sam xx grrrrrrrrrrr
i just follow this blog, leslie :-P
Yikes Sammy!
I'll ring you either Friday arvo or over the week-end.
The old Dumpster she ain't what she used to be.
Cheerz!
Hi anyone :)
I thought I'd share my thoughts regarding some movies I have seen over the last 6 months or so, they are in no particular order or preference.
This is in no way an attempt to compete with any reviews already in E-abundance, it is merely a limited summary and rough osmodian rating of some flix. At best, it may save you some time when next you grab a movie etc.
TV: Banshee
I thought I'd add this simply because IMO it is that good!
My wife and I watched all ten episodes and look forward to watching season 2 which is scheduled for Jan 2014.
I loved Breaking Bad and was going thru withdrawal in light of its recent demise. I had no idea what was going to take its place as my #1 TV serial, now I find myself strung out waiting for January. Don't get me wrong, though it shares many similarities with Breaking bad, for example its flagrant criminal content, that's where the similarities end (for the main part anyway).
There is a great, perhaps too great amount of sexual content in every episode, but it must be said that some of these scenes maybe necessary in order to place the viewer in the right frame of mind for something later on. There are often times when the sexual tension in one scene maybe dependent or at least partially so, on the blatant sexual activity in an earlier scene. This ain't me trying to justify some explicit sex throughout the season, moreover an attempt to explain my understanding of the reasoning (apart from the obvious). Simply put, one reason could be that as a viewer, you can never really know what or which way a scene could develop because you are aware of the boundaries or lack thereof that are in play.
Rant 1 over with
Man of steel [2013]
Very well done Hollywood BS, I enjoyed it and gave it 3.5 out of 5 Dumpstarz.
The Loan Ranger [2013]
As above but with more humor and better acting. I gave it 4.0/5 Dumpstarz.
Broken Trail [2006] A very well acted western type adventure with Robert Duvall brilliant as always. I gave it 4.0/5 Dumpstarz
Curse of Chucky [2013] What you’d expect but with less humor than the other Chucky classics. I gave it a respectable 2.0/5 Dumpstarz.
Fast and Furious 6 [2013] Easily as good as the other Fast and Furious movies, I gave it a 3.5/5 Dumpstarz.
I Spit on Your Grave [2010] Not for the faint hearted. I gave it a 2.5/5 Dumpstarz because I feel the acting is actually better than the rest of the movie.
Kramer vs Kramer [1979] I fell asleep thru this, although there was some outstanding acting in places. I gave it 2.5/5 Dumpstarz.
Mulholland Drive [2001] A good strong neo Film-noir type movie that was IMO underrated. I gave it 3.5/5 Dumpstarz.
Pacific Rim [2013] Typical of the CGI encrusted reels we are used to seeing these days, a little lean on good acting with the exception of Idris Elba as he’s good in anything, even if he has to dumb down as was the case here. I gave it 3.0/5 Dumpstarz.
Run [2013] A movie that attempts to glorify Parkour whilst adhering to a well-worn and kinda smelly plot. Seen it all before in countless movies, most of which are better than this bit of drivel. I gave it 1.0/5 for effort. TBO the Parkour displayed during the end credits far outshines the anything performed in the movie. 14 year olds would likely enjoy it.
Runaway Train [1985] Good strong performance from the 2 main chars Voight and Roberts, interesting to note that Danny Trejo trained Michael Roberts for the fight scenes and was then asked to act as his opponent in the prison boxing match, that’s how he got started in the movie biz. I gave it 4.0/5 Dumpstarz
She's Out of My League [2010] Enjoyable, kinda predictable but what the hell, it was well worth the watch. I gave it 3.0/5 Dumpstarz
To be continued...
Cont...
The Way Way Back [2013] Good acting carries this rather average story and carries it well. I gave it 3.5/5 Dumpstarz.
To Live and Die in L.A [1985] 80’s classic. Good acting, good twists. I gave it 3.5/5 Dumpstarz.
White House Down [2013] A nice surprise, I do appreciate average acting with a goodly amount of “Die Hardish” action. I gave it 3.5/5 Dumpstarz.
World War Z [2013] Again a nice surprise, although the acting was good enough, it was the action and pace of the movie that had me enjoying it. I gave it 4.0/5 Dumpstarz.
Zulu [1964] one word… “Brilliant” I gave it 4.5/5 Dumpstarz. Note, this sort of movie may not be for everyone, but IMO… anyone who doesn’t like it is probably not worth knowing :)
The Hangover Part III [2013] As good as the other two, if you like this kind of humor, after you watch the movie you really do need to wait for the end credits to complete and then watch the actual final scene. I gave it a 3.5/5 Dumpstarz. Seriously though.... this was hilarious!
Cheerz!
if you liked zulu, you might like zulu dawn, shot in the late 70s. it has some good actors like peter o'toole and burt lancaster, and some good battle scenes. the earlier movie had a lot more going on, though, and zulu dawn's biggest disappointment for me was certain infuriating brits not getting speared. :-P
I have a lot of catchup to do, there's only two movies from your list that I've seen, but I really want to see the Hangover movies.
*Inside I'm Dancing* (2004) is a good one, about two Irish guys who meet in a care home. Michael has cerebral palsy, and has been in care all his life. Rory is a witty wise cracking guy who has muscular dystrophy but refuses to let it sap his spirit.
Ruby
educatedlady0202: the truth is not gossip shake......and no doubt this priest was afraid of the truth
unshakeable christian: elady excatly but even him saying that was totally unchristian
educatedlady0202: priests are still men and nothing more than that shake no matter how long they have been a priest
unshakeable christian: right elady
unshakeable christian: it was so sad going back to the church and hearing this
educatedlady0202: now you know why you left the catholic church shake.....same reasons i did
unshakeable christian: yea elady
YOU'D THINK THESE TWO WOULD, AFTER ALL THESE YEARS, GIVE IT A REST ALREADY, THEY DON'T LIKE THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, BUT THEY CAN'T STOP OBSESSING ABOUT IT
They need Catholics, without them they wouldn't have any feeling of self worth.
Brennen76: would it be a good thing for any christian organization to give an award to a homosexual?
Brennen76: the Vatican recently gave an award to a homosexual teen for being a great role model to others
TraltechPlus: Brennen76 was bounced from the room by: TraltechPlus.
Ps1oo: lol
annie_lover_1: it's worse than if he was a protestant imo
byzcathgrl: i agree annie
byzcathgrl: that's not true annie. he wants everyone in hell
SO MUCH FOR THE DUMBASSES THAT ARE SUPPOSE TOO REPRSENT US CATHOLICS, THERE ALL ABOUT CONTROL
MaggieOMalley: well all these images of his hands.. they sure look like the hands of a gay mans
trig palin: Maggie, your gaydar is 100%!
trig palin: all you need to do is look at a guys hands..they reveal his GAYNESS
LOL
D E C E M B E R 2 0 1 3 O M G !
Welcome all and have a great month :)
Sammy, yah know I luvz yah!
My alpha doggy tries to plook his tubby cousin, I can't tell that he's gay by studying his paws... damn it all!
They've both been neutered too, but the little fella has mental issues. He is willing to share (or even stand back and wait) all the food they get... with the exception of bones, dem bones is mighty high on the little fellas priority list. He will growl like some kind of evil dog 6 times his size, a dog with distemper. The big fella knows better than to get in the way, so funny to watch.
M O V I E S
Thanks for the movie comments, I hope I can get to watch them.
I have recently watched quite a few and will string some words together, I like the idea of someone, anyone deciding to watch or not watch a movie based in part on something I scribbled down. Doing this makes me feel useful when more often than not it is the exact opposite that is the order of my day.
C H A T
Damn shame CBO failed to grow, it kinda makes one wonder if people ever really wanted a Yahoo replacement or simply wanted a more controlled environment but were reluctant to dive in.
So this it it for now, catch up soon
Cheerz!
i kinda suspect cbo failed to grow because the dumbasses stuck to their own rooms
Post a Comment
<< Home