Corp how do you fell about Ruby and a few others wanting to change this blog into something more spiritual and biblical? I have read both sides but I have mixed feelings.
During one of my infrequent visits to CBO in which I check the status of the rooms Life Support System, I saw an entry that suggested I visit the Dumpster as someone had left a question there. Well first off, let me yet again apologize for leaving both The Dumpster and CBO to fend for themselves. The question of whether this blog (dirtydumpster.blogspot.com or just the "Dumbass Posts” page) could make a foray into one of a more spiritually oriented domain adds a little mud to the already murky albeit stagnant and dirty waters of the Dumpster. Whilst I have no problem adding such a page to the blog, I have no desire to modify any of the existing pages. Although the idea may seem appealing to some, I fear that adding the page would simply serve to split the already seriously diminished user base. I also feel that as a result, the new page would undoubtedly draw detractors and their negative comments, making it necessary to remove the ability to add comments anonymously (for the specific page only) and the associated problems such as a reluctance to post on current Dirty Dumpster pages because users might have to remember to change back to “Anonymous” may further detract visitors or at least comments thereof. In summary, although disinclined, the subject is by no means closed and should you have any suggestions or comments… you know what to do!
Nothing wrong with sharing good (non hateful)comments, and Things about faith nothing wrong at all, regardless of what the name of blog is. and if IF someone wants to share something about the Lord or their faith then so be it. Grow up negative nellie
I consider myself lucky to have met some great friends here. Paltalk was ok-ish at first but it's not a patch on the old Yahoo - even with all the fighting.
I wish the person(s) who keep imagining I want to turn the blog into something spiritual would take a brain check. Yes brain check. Nothing's changed. People post what they want, which is exactly as it has always been.
GB Gentle and Corp Ali and Gordipants and Osmosis.
GBU2 ruby and thanx for the clarification. that was a good tap on the nail that osmo hit square on the head earlier.
on paltalk: my observation is that the way it's set up discourages long exchanges with dumbasses, since most activity is on mike, and a good yahoo style dumbass-baiting on keyboard ends up with one or both of you being bounced. And a random sampling of shorts from a bunch of unfamiliar dumbasses who are more irritating than funny just don't fit the bill.
as for the content of the page needing to fit the title "dumbass posts:" i have read a lot of wickedly funny material in here that was written by people who were obviously not dumbasses. just because the page has "dumbass" in the title doesn't mean that it needs to be a blog of the dumbass, by the dumbass, for the dumbass.
Spot on. What's worse, PT discourages autonomy. There are times when I swear some Admins could audition for the part of David Koresh in a movie, and get the part.
There is some really funny stuff on this weblog. Sometimes I click back through the years, some of the posters are riot.
to 10/11 7:05 boy are you insecure, oh and lol, you are sounding like on of satans monions, that doesnt like being showed up, what a loser. You and your attitude will ALWAYS lose
Scrolling through the comments, I can’t help but feel a longing for the bad old days. The over-proof melancholia courses through my throttled veins like a hot iron carving up a buttery straw, filing my being with unchecked sadness. I yearn for my Yahoo like a junky lusts after his next hit, with vomit on my shoes and this synthetic replacement failing to bilk the thirst, I pine for that which I took for granted and squandered. This plastic replacement models like a lead monkey on my back, a sterile totality devoid of protracted emotion and lacking all manner of connection. This lump of electronic dung that rapes my eyes with its unsolicited texts and enthusiastic oppressors has won its war upon this Yahooligan! Yahoo Chatrooms provided a great many people a place where they could truly connect, where fighting, though not encouraged, was at least tolerated, where disagreements so often created a real connection, real communication. I had hoped to provide a Yahoo-ish type room in CBO but alas, my lack of commitment and an abundance of superior, more successful rooms has meant that as the days fall away, so too do many of the Yahoo Chat ties. I had looked at several other alternatives to Paltalk, but in the end I thought them unable to offer anything different to what people already have. Anyways… I hope to stay kinda in touch through this blog and all who sail in her. Cheerz!
overheard in catholic answers live coming to you from catholics
peacemom_36bn: silk - a heads up - Mary WILL be doing everything she can to get back into the room - so be careful ° ((((((b ear))))) GBU SilkAndDungarees6: how will she try? peacemom_36bn: silk , I don't know - new nic, different computer??? ° she's been known to do that
The other night at about 1:00am the wife took me down the road to our local park/river for some night photography. After setting up one of the tripods and attaching the camera, then setting up the camera with a remote shutter release... I realized I forgot the cable that connects the remote receiver to the camera, an instant deal breaker for shutter speeds longer than 30 seconds. She offered to go home and retrieve the truant data cable on several occasions towit LUCKILY I said not to worry about it. Well after taking a few 30 second exposures we moved on to where my wife thought was a better spot, the only good thing to come of our excursion. Next day I located and attached the cable to camera and receiver and found to my sphincter winking despair, the batteries in the remote for the wireless shutter release were flatter than Delta Goodrem's chest. Talk about dodging a bullet, imagine the wife returning to the park with the cable, only to find out another run home for a couple of triple A's was needed. One of the basic rules of going out to take a few snaps and I forgot to apply it, Check your gear, then check it again and back that up with a spare of whatevers. Oh yeah... setting up at home for a dry run wouldn't go astray either.
Now I know for sure, nobody will question the relevance of this post on this page :)
I wouldn't dream of questioning the relevance of Osmo's post on this page. I wouldn't even dream of questioning the 1am photography sessions down by the river. That's all I'm say'n'n.
OK, first off let me say how pissed off I am right now... I had just finished writing about 2 pages of crap in response to some of the visitor comments and when I turned in my chair, my knee hit the on off switch to the computer I was using and it immediately initiated a shutdown, the machine is not in its usual place... and yep I lost the @#&^ing lot. Anyways, after some considerable time and the exhausting of my entire arsenal of expletives, I rang Sam to have a whine. Wouldn’t you know it, the 1st time I ring her on her cell/mobile and she was busy getting’ her hair done. I was aghast to say the least, as I had always imagined her bald! Apparently she was actually having it cut, the hairstylist was instructing her to use the other ear while she busied her scissors around its opposite number. Forgive my ignorance but… do women have their hair cut before or after the whole “Blue Rinse” thingy? Just trying to get a handle on how long I should wait before ringing again lol. Well, while I’m talking about Sammy, it sure was good to read her comments on Dumbass, although I thought her words of reproach on tardiness a little rude given her own irregular attendance, something about Pot and Kettle springs to mind, that and the fact that there’s no "I" in Tardness! Well, I just thought I’d try and arc up a little of the old faux repartee, some of the failed intelligence that has served me so well in the past lol. I’ll ring Sammy tomorrow and maybe work out if I should attempt to cover my spoor or not.
Ruby As always, it’s great to read your comments. I’d best start by clarifying the nature of my riverside sojourn. Being married for many years has meant that my wife has established a thorough understanding of my worth, leaving absolutely no question in her mind about the futility of seeking any kind of romantic indulgence on the banks of some stinky tidal creek. Suffice to say, she has more lofty ambitions, certainly ones that don’t involve a jaunt through the skid-mark of our suburb. I liken our lazy river to one of those pretty little flowers that entice you with the promise of a sugary scent, but when drawn up through the nostrils, delivers a pungent payload more akin to that of a badgers ass! I guess I'm being a little hard on the stream, but low tide paints a different picture and it uses a stinky brush. Always nice to see you Ruby.
Anon: 10/28/2013 08:32:00 PM In answer to your question regarding the photographs, if you mean the photos accessed through the Dumpsters Main Menu “03 My Photobucket” and “06 Dirty Photos”, the answer is yes, I took the photos. You may determine that upon examining the Exif data (metadata) there are photos taken with different cameras, this is because I have and use several camera bodies. Nikon D200 Nikon D600 Nikon D800 My wife also has a D200 and I have been known to use it when she isn’t looking, therefore this would explain any discrepancy between D200 serial numbers (some applications may show more details than others, Photobucket displays the basic metadata only. To check metadata on Photobucket, view a photo then on the right hand side of the screen near the bottom is a box titled “Media info”, it also displays the link upload username (for example osmosis_bin_lederhosen) and the link “Load more”. Clicking on the “Load more” link will display the metadata. I hope this helps to explain things.
excuse the confusion: what i meant to ask was if you managed to take some shots despite running around all over town for cables, aaa batteries and such. i did see some night-time pics of riverbanks and parks labelled "auckland," "west coast," or the generic "DSC__." pretty good shots, well-composed .... nary a hint of dead badger anywhere in the frames heheh. and you got a free workout out of it.
Sorry for the confusion on my part, I didn't upload any of the photos taken on that fateful night. I was using my Nikkor 14-24mm at f22 and had to push the exposure in PhotoShop to get anything even remotely acceptable. I set the best of the lot as a Desk Top Wallpaper on the computer I use for photography, but I reckon I will soon get rid of it, too grainy. To be honest, about the only decent thing to come from the photos was that I got to see the Dust Bunnies, I need to clean the D800's sensor. The sensor has more than 4 dust spots, all of which I would never have known about if I had used a wider aperture. I guess I could call the night a success when you consider the location my wife showed me (to be used at a later date)and the exposing of Dust Bunnies.
You were always a softy when it came to me. The wife just said you should join us for tea and home baked cookies, wouldn't that be a hoot? If we won lotto, that would be right up there on the bucket list!
53 Comments:
where is rev. ruby? no sermon this month? Oh the sadness lol
I consider myself lucky to be Ruby's friend.
corp__
I also consider myself lucky to be Ruby's friend.
Gentlepeace_
Hi Corp,,,GBy
I consider myself lucky not to be Tony.
Ruby is pretty cool
Alimex
Corp how do you fell about Ruby and a few others wanting to change this blog into something more spiritual and biblical? I have read both sides but I have mixed feelings.
its for what ever chatters want...good or bad
it's nice when you see positive comments too.
If he was to change it to something positive... the "dumbass" title would have to change.... kind of counterproductive otherwise
I consider myself lucky to not be a full of shite hypocrite....call it like it is..
10/01/2013 11:44:00 PM...I think you would be better off asking Osmosis that question, after all, he is the owner.
corp__
10/02/2013 01:18:00 PM
so is what your saying, that posting positive stuff, and scripture is shite?
i consider myself lucky not to type shite when i mean shit.
10/02/2013 01:18:00 PM------but you are a full of shite hypocrite, dood
Osmo, what do you think of turning this blog into a more positive and religious page?
i consider myself lucky not to be a whiny ass kisser
how are you sure that's a dood, dood?
During one of my infrequent visits to CBO in which I check the status of the rooms Life Support System, I saw an entry that suggested I visit the Dumpster as someone had left a question there.
Well first off, let me yet again apologize for leaving both The Dumpster and CBO to fend for themselves.
The question of whether this blog (dirtydumpster.blogspot.com or just the "Dumbass Posts” page) could make a foray into one of a more spiritually oriented domain adds a little mud to the already murky albeit stagnant and dirty waters of the Dumpster.
Whilst I have no problem adding such a page to the blog, I have no desire to modify any of the existing pages. Although the idea may seem appealing to some, I fear that adding the page would simply serve to split the already seriously diminished user base. I also feel that as a result, the new page would undoubtedly draw detractors and their negative comments, making it necessary to remove the ability to add comments anonymously (for the specific page only) and the associated problems such as a reluctance to post on current Dirty Dumpster pages because users might have to remember to change back to “Anonymous” may further detract visitors or at least comments thereof.
In summary, although disinclined, the subject is by no means closed and should you have any suggestions or comments… you know what to do!
Cheerz!
lol that last post from osmo shut everyone up :))
Osmo is an awesome writer, even his little note here.
he is gifted with the pen.
thank you osmo for the clarification
that should stop the preaching lmfao
Nothing wrong with sharing good (non hateful)comments, and Things about faith nothing wrong at all, regardless of what the name of blog is.
and if IF someone wants to share something about the Lord or their faith then so be it. Grow up negative nellie
shove it up your arse
10/09/2013 04:49:00 PM
is that non hateful enough for ya lol
sad soul there, sucks to be you
10/09/2013 04:49:00 PM
Amen.
I consider myself lucky to have met some great friends here. Paltalk was ok-ish at first but it's not a patch on the old Yahoo - even with all the fighting.
I wish the person(s) who keep imagining I want to turn the blog into something spiritual would take a brain check. Yes brain check. Nothing's changed. People post what they want, which is exactly as it has always been.
GB Gentle and Corp Ali and Gordipants and Osmosis.
Ruby
GBU2 ruby and thanx for the clarification. that was a good tap on the nail that osmo hit square on the head earlier.
on paltalk: my observation is that the way it's set up discourages long exchanges with dumbasses, since most activity is on mike, and a good yahoo style dumbass-baiting on keyboard ends up with one or both of you being bounced. And a random sampling of shorts from a bunch of unfamiliar dumbasses who are more irritating than funny just don't fit the bill.
as for the content of the page needing to fit the title "dumbass posts:" i have read a lot of wickedly funny material in here that was written by people who were obviously not dumbasses. just because the page has "dumbass" in the title doesn't mean that it needs to be a blog of the dumbass, by the dumbass, for the dumbass.
hahahaha, well said! 7:56am 10/10
10/10/2013 07:56:00 AM
Spot on. What's worse, PT discourages autonomy. There are times when I swear some Admins could audition for the part of David Koresh in a movie, and get the part.
There is some really funny stuff on this weblog. Sometimes I click back through the years, some of the posters are riot.
Ruby
oh fuck off ruby cunt
to 10/11 7:05 boy are you insecure, oh and lol, you are sounding like on of satans monions, that doesnt like being showed up, what a loser. You and your attitude will ALWAYS lose
Scrolling through the comments, I can’t help but feel a longing for the bad old days. The over-proof melancholia courses through my throttled veins like a hot iron carving up a buttery straw, filing my being with unchecked sadness. I yearn for my Yahoo like a junky lusts after his next hit, with vomit on my shoes and this synthetic replacement failing to bilk the thirst, I pine for that which I took for granted and squandered. This plastic replacement models like a lead monkey on my back, a sterile totality devoid of protracted emotion and lacking all manner of connection. This lump of electronic dung that rapes my eyes with its unsolicited texts and enthusiastic oppressors has won its war upon this Yahooligan!
Yahoo Chatrooms provided a great many people a place where they could truly connect, where fighting, though not encouraged, was at least tolerated, where disagreements so often created a real connection, real communication.
I had hoped to provide a Yahoo-ish type room in CBO but alas, my lack of commitment and an abundance of superior, more successful rooms has meant that as the days fall away, so too do many of the Yahoo Chat ties. I had looked at several other alternatives to Paltalk, but in the end I thought them unable to offer anything different to what people already have.
Anyways…
I hope to stay kinda in touch through this blog and all who sail in her.
Cheerz!
Im lost ..I have no chat life
samm xx
*a sterile totality devoid of protracted emotion and lacking all manner of connection.*
You mean Paltalk? I agree :o) Good to see you around Samantha wb.
Ruby
exactly! Sammie and Ruby, I concur. miss our old room. gentlepeace
Me too, I miss our old Yahoo chatroom :(
alimexx
the word "protracted" makes me roids itch.
overheard in catholic answers live coming to you from catholics
peacemom_36bn: silk - a heads up - Mary WILL be doing everything she can to get back into the room - so be careful
° ((((((b ear))))) GBU
SilkAndDungarees6: how will she try?
peacemom_36bn: silk , I don't know - new nic, different computer???
° she's been known to do that
Mary who?
leslie, if anyone buys a new computer just to get in a paltalk room, then they deserve whatever crapola gets thrown at them in there. :))
leslie the backstabber
Thought I'd share...
The other night at about 1:00am the wife took me down the road to our local park/river for some night photography. After setting up one of the tripods and attaching the camera, then setting up the camera with a remote shutter release... I realized I forgot the cable that connects the remote receiver to the camera, an instant deal breaker for shutter speeds longer than 30 seconds. She offered to go home and retrieve the truant data cable on several occasions towit LUCKILY I said not to worry about it. Well after taking a few 30 second exposures we moved on to where my wife thought was a better spot, the only good thing to come of our excursion. Next day I located and attached the cable to camera and receiver and found to my sphincter winking despair, the batteries in the remote for the wireless shutter release were flatter than Delta Goodrem's chest. Talk about dodging a bullet, imagine the wife returning to the park with the cable, only to find out another run home for a couple of triple A's was needed.
One of the basic rules of going out to take a few snaps and I forgot to apply it, Check your gear, then check it again and back that up with a spare of whatevers. Oh yeah... setting up at home for a dry run wouldn't go astray either.
Now I know for sure, nobody will question the relevance of this post on this page :)
Cheerz!
I understand your tardiness osmos but u need to to have a smack on the hand
sam
xx
I wouldn't dream of questioning the relevance of Osmo's post on this page. I wouldn't even dream of questioning the 1am photography sessions down by the river. That's all I'm say'n'n.
Ruby :P
ass-licker ruby is back lmmfao
Oh don't start ya freakin dip wad..Grow up dick breath
so did osmo take the shots or didn't he?
OK, first off let me say how pissed off I am right now...
I had just finished writing about 2 pages of crap in response to some of the visitor comments and when I turned in my chair, my knee hit the on off switch to the computer I was using and it immediately initiated a shutdown, the machine is not in its usual place... and yep I lost the @#&^ing lot. Anyways, after some considerable time and the exhausting of my entire arsenal of expletives, I rang Sam to have a whine. Wouldn’t you know it, the 1st time I ring her on her cell/mobile and she was busy getting’ her hair done. I was aghast to say the least, as I had always imagined her bald! Apparently she was actually having it cut, the hairstylist was instructing her to use the other ear while she busied her scissors around its opposite number. Forgive my ignorance but… do women have their hair cut before or after the whole “Blue Rinse” thingy? Just trying to get a handle on how long I should wait before ringing again lol.
Well, while I’m talking about Sammy, it sure was good to read her comments on Dumbass, although I thought her words of reproach on tardiness a little rude given her own irregular attendance, something about Pot and Kettle springs to mind, that and the fact that there’s no "I" in Tardness!
Well, I just thought I’d try and arc up a little of the old faux repartee, some of the failed intelligence that has served me so well in the past lol.
I’ll ring Sammy tomorrow and maybe work out if I should attempt to cover my spoor or not.
Ruby
As always, it’s great to read your comments. I’d best start by clarifying the nature of my riverside sojourn. Being married for many years has meant that my wife has established a thorough understanding of my worth, leaving absolutely no question in her mind about the futility of seeking any kind of romantic indulgence on the banks of some stinky tidal creek. Suffice to say, she has more lofty ambitions, certainly ones that don’t involve a jaunt through the skid-mark of our suburb. I liken our lazy river to one of those pretty little flowers that entice you with the promise of a sugary scent, but when drawn up through the nostrils, delivers a pungent payload more akin to that of a badgers ass! I guess I'm being a little hard on the stream, but low tide paints a different picture and it uses a stinky brush.
Always nice to see you Ruby.
Anon: 10/28/2013 08:32:00 PM
In answer to your question regarding the photographs, if you mean the photos accessed through the Dumpsters Main Menu “03 My Photobucket” and “06 Dirty Photos”, the answer is yes, I took the photos.
You may determine that upon examining the Exif data (metadata) there are photos taken with different cameras, this is because I have and use several camera bodies.
Nikon D200
Nikon D600
Nikon D800
My wife also has a D200 and I have been known to use it when she isn’t looking, therefore this would explain any discrepancy between D200 serial numbers (some applications may show more details than others, Photobucket displays the basic metadata only.
To check metadata on Photobucket, view a photo then on the right hand side of the screen near the bottom is a box titled “Media info”, it also displays the link upload username (for example osmosis_bin_lederhosen) and the link “Load more”. Clicking on the “Load more” link will display the metadata. I hope this helps to explain things.
Cheerz!
excuse the confusion: what i meant to ask was if you managed to take some shots despite running around all over town for cables, aaa batteries and such. i did see some night-time pics of riverbanks and parks labelled "auckland," "west coast," or the generic "DSC__." pretty good shots, well-composed .... nary a hint of dead badger anywhere in the frames heheh. and you got a free workout out of it.
Anon: 10/29/2013 03:14:00 AM
Sorry for the confusion on my part, I didn't upload any of the photos taken on that fateful night. I was using my Nikkor 14-24mm at f22 and had to push the exposure in PhotoShop to get anything even remotely acceptable.
I set the best of the lot as a Desk Top Wallpaper on the computer I use for photography, but I reckon I will soon get rid of it, too grainy. To be honest, about the only decent thing to come from the photos was that I got to see the Dust Bunnies, I need to clean the D800's sensor. The sensor has more than 4 dust spots, all of which I would never have known about if I had used a wider aperture.
I guess I could call the night a success when you consider the location my wife showed me (to be used at a later date)and the exposing of Dust Bunnies.
Cheerz!
Osmo I really like your writing style, you should write books.
What a gift you have. Love, Gentlepeace
carmelite33: 60 is not old
carmelite33: i could be six months from death and I am 38
aaaaw Gentle
You were always a softy when it came to me. The wife just said you should join us for tea and home baked cookies, wouldn't that be a hoot?
If we won lotto, that would be right up there on the bucket list!
Love ya
Post a Comment
<< Home